Powered by Blogger.

Absolutely Sweet Book Haul!



    This all started when I won a hardcover edition of Crystal Rain (pictured above) at the recent KGB Fantastic Fiction raffle. Tobias Buckell autographed and shipped it himself, which is no small feat for a poor, struggling writer! Anyway, although I haven't read it yet, I was so overcome by the awesome kick-assery of the cover and inner flap description, that I had to rush online and order the next two books in his created universe: Ragamuffin and Sly Mongoose. Are those not cool titles or what?





    For those who don't know, Tobias S. Buckell is a young and exciting new writer who hails by way of the Caribbean (Grenada and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and is currently living it up in Ohio. He finds fun ways to incorporate his unique cultural upbringing into his stories, which I get a huge kick out of. It's not every day you see diverse, multi-ethnic protagonists in sci-fi--although this is slowly changing as the field entices newcomers beyond the purview of geeky, white males.


    Anyway, I ordered the hardcover editions of Ragamuffin and Mongoose through my favorite online super bookstore (guess which one, there's only like 2) because for some dumb reason the Borders down the street from my job doesn't like sci-fi. Imagine that. And since I was ordering online, you know I just had to add a few more titles to the pot from my wishlist:








    I swear I'm going to explode from all this awesome sci-fi goodness! I don't know where to begin. I'm currently reading Alan Dean Foster's collection Exceptions To Reality, and also Robert A. Heinlein's The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress (I know, right, what took me so long?) And after that I'll be taking on Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policemen's Union -- all of which will be reviewed here shortly -- and then I shall plunder me booty!Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2008/08/absolutely-sweet-book-haul.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List