Powered by Blogger.

Do You Require Substances to Keep You Going Throughout the Day?

    I hate mornings, don't you? Well, not everyone does, but I do. I once tried to structure my writing schedule (on my days off from work, of course) around a diurnal routine. It didn't stick. There's just something about the morning that does not inspire creativity in me. I have to write either in the afternoon (if I'm on a deadline) or preferably later in the evening. The closer to midnight the better.

    And I guess that's the problem -- I stay up late! Even on weekdays when I have to wake up at 6:30 the next morning, I often stay up until midnight, if not a little later, the night before. And every morning, I kick myself for it. Yet, after I take a quick shower, I'm perfectly refreshed to take on the workday. Without coffee.

    Yup, you heard me: I do not, and never will, drink coffee. I have a confession to make: I have NEVER purchased anything from a Starbucks. I went in once with a group of friends to watch them purchase drinks, but never actually had anything from the chain. I'm embarrassed to say I wouldn't even know how to order something from off their menu, let alone what. All those faux-Italian sounding names and strange sizing options just leave me perplexed.

    But what's my deal against coffee? It's not that I have a vendetta against the roasted-bean beverage, just that it's very bitter and unpalatable to my, well, palate. Same courtesy extends to tea. Neither of these drinks appeal to me for their bitter aftertaste. And I refuse to drown my drinks in sugar and milk. If it takes that much accompaniment just to make a beverage taste better, then something's wrong.

    I don't drink soda or any other caffeinated drinks, either. The only thing I imbibe during the day is pure water. Not because I'm a health freak, but because I can't stand all the high fructose corn syrup and sugar that goes into your average Coke or juice product.

    So this means I go through my day without any sort of boost whatsoever. And this leaves me perplexed -- no fascinated -- by all the millions of people who are hopelessly addicted to these things. Wow, what's the deal with that? Why does it take another substance -- artificial or otherwise -- to keep you running throughout the day?

    Personally I think it's an addiction. When I see how monstrously unhappy people are in the morning before their first cup o' joe, it makes me wonder if everyone has their heads screwed on correctly. It's probably not a good idea to be that dependent on something that makes you go into mild withdrawal symptoms if you go 1 hour without it.

    Or maybe that's just me.

    What do you think? Any hopeless coffee bean addicts out there? Or does the whole Starbucks culture just not appeal to you?

    Btw, for those wondering, I keep up my energy levels through a lot of exercise. I do firmly believe that running three miles every day after work (five miles on Sundays) keeps me wired and wide awake all the next day. It's also probably why I write better late at night when I've already had my run. Also, I eat a well-balanced and hearty breakfast every morning before work. Doing this and not skipping meals, I think, is the prime way to maintain good energy levels throughout a stressful day at the job. It works better than you think.Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2008/08/do-you-require-substances-to-keep-you.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List