Powered by Blogger.

I've Never . . .

    Lisa is sick with a cold and, last night, she got frustrated and asked me: why don't you ever get sick? She asks me this on a regular basis every year, so of course it's more of a rhetorical question now than anything. It's true that, aside from the rare sniffle from ragweed pollen (didn't happen this year, tho!), I'm never sick. I've had a major life-threatening disease once (that's another story), but I don't generally suffer from the more common ailments like colds or fevers. I've had colds, chicken pox, and the rare food-borne fever when I was a kid, but for some reason my adult life has been free of these things. I'm talking about since the age of 16 on up.

    It got me to thinking, though, about all the other things I've gone through life never experiencing. Not that I want to, of course. But these are things almost everyone has gone through at least once in their lives.

    Here's my list. Let me know if you, too, have never experienced any of these.

    I've never:

    Broken a body part.
    Had the flu.
    Had stitches.
    Been put under anesthesia.
    Been put under the knife (except for wisdom teeth removal, which I underwent fully awake).
    Had pneumonia.
    Fainted.
    Had the stomach flu.
    Stayed overnight at a hospital.
    Lost my voice.
    Sprained an ankle.
    Had an allergic reaction to food.
    Had an X-ray taken (except while at the dentist).
    Had an MRI or CT scan.
    Been in an ambulance.
    Had my stomach pumped.
    Been administered oxygen.
    Had heat stroke.

    I don't know anyone in my life who hasn't had at least one of these things happen to them. And, no, I don't think that makes me special. Rather, lucky. Because I'm sure it's only a matter of time before some of these get stricken off the list. Hopefully not all at once, though!

    And it's not because I'm super healthy. It was only 4 years ago that I got into this exercise and eating right routine. And I'm sure that's only made me even less likely of getting some of those items on the list. But before that, I ate whatever I wanted and resisted the gym like the plague.

    Some of those items are due to my age. I'm only 32, so I still have a lot of time to be "put under" or break a leg or something. I used to think it would be fun to stay in a hospital overnight, until I spent the last few years visiting various family members there and got to see first-hand just how much hospitals really suck.

    Anyway, just another weird entry from yours truly. If I haven't warned you yet, expect more of this type of thing here on The Bimillennial Man. I contemplate the strangest stuff during the course of an average day, only 1% of which I'll ever remember to share here.

    But knowing the stuff I think about . . . perhaps this is a blessing for you!Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-never.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive