Powered by Blogger.

Odd Misconfusions

    The new season of 24 kicked off over the weekend, with the first 4 episodes airing over the span of Sunday and Monday nights. Lisa and I were discussing how similar Janeane Garofalo's character is to a cherished regular from the previous seasons. And it came to my attention that I confuse two popular female names all the time. I mean like, constantly!

    That got me to thinking about all the things that I get twisted in this mad, confusing world.

    Here's a short list:

    1) Zoe and Chloe. I don't know why, but I ALWAYS get this wrong. If someone is named Chloe, I call them Zoe. And vice-versa. It's very aggravating that no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get this straight.

    2) January and July. It's not the name of the months I get turned around, but rather when they are in date form. So for instance, I can see: 7/1/09, and in my head it will translate as January 1, 2009. And the same is true of the reverse. Weird!

    3) I mistake blue for purple ALL the time. This probably has more to do with some sort of mild color-blindness for deep blue, I suspect. I wear a watch with a deep, royal blue face that at certain times looks purple to me, but at other times clearly blue. It drives me nuts, especially since EVERYONE else sees it as blue only.

    4) Cannot for the life of me tell the difference between a sweet potato or a yam. This might have to do with the fact that, in the U.S., what we call "yams" are in fact just the "soft" variety of a sweet potato. And what we commonly label as sweet potato here is the firmer version. Meanwhile real yams are often found in markets catering to international foods, particularly Afro-Caribbean and Asian markets. So maybe it's not me, but the U.S.D.A.'s fault for confusing us all! :)

    5) Some actresses are too disturbingly similar for me to tell apart. And the bad thing is, I seem to be the only one. Ashley Judd and Charlize Theron used to be the worst for me, and it's only in recent years that I can finally tell the two apart. But before them was Angela Bassett and Lynn Whitfield. I'm constantly embarrassing myself bringing up the one actress when in fact I mean the other. Argh!!!

    There's a few more oddities about me that fit here on this list, but I can't seem to remember them at the moment. Still, I know that while some of these may be unique to just me, I'm sure everyone has a list just like this somewhere.

    So what confuses you?Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/01/odd-misconfusions.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive