Powered by Blogger.

This Sickens Me

    Thanks to advances in technology like camera phones with full video capabilities, it seems more and more the police forces of the world are unable to mask their dubious activities behind the blue wall of silence. Now don't get me wrong, I'm usually on the side of the police when it comes to disputed shootings and rough-handling of suspects while in custody. My way of thinking is this: you have no idea the pressures these people are under when constantly put in life-and-death scenarios. My natural cynicism allows me to instantly distrust any two-bit punk I see on the streets of NYC, so I can only imagine this is doubled for officers of the law.

    However, that being said, sometimes the police do go way over the line of wrong. In NYC recently we had the case of the peacefully protesting cyclist in Times Square who was tackled off his ride for no reason at all by an oafish NYPD officer. Since the incident was completely caught on someone's cell phone camera, it was kinda hard for the police to deny that the officer was completely in the wrong here. Rather than the usual: "the suspect was antagonizing the officer" bull they usually try to pull. This is why sometimes YouTube is a good thing.

    And now we have this. This is just plain disgusting. The family has every right to sue and get millions from the city. And this officer needs to see the inside of prison for like, life, if not worse.



    I have no doubt in my mind that this young man was acting out and deserved to be cuffed and maybe spend some time in lockup overnight. From what I've been following, the guy was no saint like his family tries to paint him out to be. But this? Shot point blank execution style? WTF is this, Dodge City?

    Come on, this is just plain injustice clear and simple. This is a tragedy! I'm so mad right now. No one -- and I mean NO ONE should ever be treated like this. I can only imagine what the excuse would have been if this was not caught on video by a bystander. Something like: "Oh, the suspect was acting unruly and waving what looked like a gun in our direction. We had no choice but to act to save our lives."

    Hmm, where have I heard this excuse before? If only we had video phones back in the day of the Amadou Diallo shooting. Could you imagine the shit storm that would have caused if clear, undeniable footage had been obtained and released to the public? The Bronx would probably not be standing right now.Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-sickens-me.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive