Powered by Blogger.

Forgot My Own Birthday!

    Yikes!!! It seems I do this every year now. I start thinking of my birthday coming up a month in advance, and for every week afterwards will think about it once or twice. Just last week I posted here about my upcoming b-day, in fact.

    But lo and behold, I completely forgot that I turned 32 today! It took for Lisa to call me from work at the hospital (she works the night shift) to remind me -- ACK! The funny thing is, I remember what I was thinking last night about today:

    Hmm, it's Sunday. That means I have to go to work on Monday. Damn. What do I need to do tomorrow before my week-long vacation's up? Let's see: finish writing up my latest short story; play some more of Metal Gear Solid 4; finally sort the laundry I did last Friday (ugh!); and, oh yeah, write out some bills from last month.

    Not once in all that planning did I take into account that this day was supposed to be something special. In case you don't know it, I don't hold any special significance to my birthdays. If it had fallen on a work day, I would still go to work. Last week I promised myself I wouldn't run on this day, but now that it's here I can feel my body wanting to stick to my routinely scheduled 5-mile run later. So I'm sure I'll be doing that after all.

    We're not doing anything special on my day. I insist on this. I still make dinner for the two of us the way I always do. And I specifically asked for no gifts this year, because I honestly can't think of anything I need. I'm serious. If I were to get a gift, it would be for something I forced Lisa to get for me just for the sake of gift giving. And that sucks. As of right now, there is no one thing out there on the market that I truly desire. I was briefly contemplating getting an iPhone, but can't justify the cost plus the additional charge of upgrading my existing AT&T account to cover the data fees for it. So, nah, none of that please.

    I'm keeping it decidedly low-key today. It's a lazy Sunday, so I don't mind. If it were Saturday, and Lisa was not working, I would most likely go out for dinner in Union Square or perhaps even at the South Street Seaport (haven't been there in a while). But today is more the stay in and watch a movie type of deal. So that's what we'll do.

    So . . . happy 32 years to me! :-)Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2008/09/forgot-my-own-birthday.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive