Powered by Blogger.

I've Been Tagged!

    I got tagged by Cindy over the weekend, which is officially my first time doing this . . . so I guess you popped my cherry, Cyn -- thanks! :-)

    Anywho, let's answer these in order shall we?

    1. What are your nicknames?

    I don't have any. I despise nicknames and get annoyed when anyone calls me anything other than "David." I especially dislike "Dave," "Davey," or the Spanish pronunciation of "David," which sounds like: "Dah-veed." Ugh! I much prefer my Chinese name, which is Bei Zhilong (transl: Bei Wise Dragon. With Bei being my surname, which means "shell"). But only my Chinese friends know to call me that, or "xiao Bei" as is common.

    2. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?

    The first movie I bought on VHS tape was Highlander, back in 1993. This was back in high school, and my best friend, T, was with me at the time. We had been scouring the Bronx for a copy of this movie, and just happened to luck out when we ducked into this small bs boutique that was our last hope. I mean, this place sucked. It only had around 10 movies for sale. But fate smiled down on me that day, and it so happened they had exactly one copy of this film on display. It was one of the best purchases of my life. My first DVD purchase was Blade, starring Wesley Snipes. The second was The Matrix. :)

    3. What is your favorite scent?

    Uh, the scent of a woman? Ha-ha, sorry I had to go there. But seriously, this is not exactly a question to ask a man. I can't say when was the last time I paid attention to scent, really, except for my Lisa. Everything about her just smells *right*, you know? As far as name brand perfumes and such, yeah . . . . sorry. I'm clueless about that stuff, and Lisa's not a perfume-wearing type of gal.

    4. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?

    I guess Hawaii. We spent our honeymoon on two islands there -- Oahu, where the capital, Honolulu, and Waikiki beach are located. And Kauai, a more laid-back and tropical island. Oddly enough, we found Kauai a little too laid back, and just a tad boring. We definitely had more fun on Oahu, despite the massive crowding in the city spots. Which is easily rectified by travelling anywhere outside the city. We want to go back badly, but next time we'll probably go to Maui and/or the "Big Island" of Hawaii.

    5. Do you trust easily?

    I used to. When I was a kid up until high school I was a little too trusting of people. Got burned a lot because of it. Nowadays I have a very cynical outlook on life, and almost never trust anyone on first blush. Sad, huh?

    6. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?

    I'm a Virgo, we *always* think before we act. LOL! In fact, I probably overthink before I act, if anything. I generally don't make decisions until after I've done exhaustive research and/or soul searching. Yeah, it sounds a bit anal, no? But that's how I am. I have to say that, for the most part, it's a strategy that has worked out more times than not for me. In other words, I generally make very good decisions in life that have put me where I am today.

    7. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?

    Family issues. Which I won't go into here.

    8. Do you have a good body image?

    Sure do. I'm not one of those people who looks in the mirror and hates himself. I'm also not one of those people that looks in the mirror and loves himself (heh, heh). I work out actively during the week, and don't feel as if there's anything more I should be doing to keep myself healthy. I'm pretty happy with myself, yeah.

    9. What is your favorite fruit?

    Anyone who knows me knows the answer to this. Pineapple! I generally eat about 2 to 3 cups worth of this every single day! It's like an obsession. But only the fresh cut kind. If I can get it off the tree and cut it myself, even better. I will NEVER eat it from the can, though. I also eat a lot apples, grapes, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon. I loves fruit! Can't live without it.

    10. What websites do you visit daily?

    Pretty much the links on my sidebar here. That's why I put them there, to show people the places I love to visit (like, duh!). I go to the blogs of my friends and favorite authors first, then I eventually end up at IGN.com. This is a huge gaming and entertainment site, which I need daily like a bad drug habit. That's the site I visit most, I would say.

    11. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?

    Chocolate milk. I don't know why, but I *need* this after every workout. I pretty much drive myself until I almost pass out when I exercise, so when I'm done I guess there's some serious depletion going on which, for some reason, chocolate milk seems to replenish. Don't ask me why. All I know is that my body gets happy like a fat kid receiving a sugar donut. It peps me right up. Since I don't believe in coffee, teas, or caffeine in general (and I loathe sports drinks and Red Bull), I have few avenues to get my energy boost, I'm afraid.

    12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

    A very funny, very cynical, cool chick who I was secretly stalking for some years on her personal website before "outing" myself in e-mail one day. See, she'd gone and password protected her site, and I needed in! (ha, ha). Of course, my wife, Lisa, was stalking her with me, so that makes it okay and not sick. Right? Right? In all honesty, we just can't get enough of her wacky stories and, more recently, her adorable kids. The fact that she's a soon-to-be-published writer puts her even more on my radar, of course, and now I live vicariously through her exploits.

    13. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?

    I'm not much of a music person. I guess the last "song" that was stuck in my head was Bach's Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello, particularly the prelude to Suite No. 1 (BWV 1007) in G-major. Simply divine!

    14. What's your favorite item of clothing?

    Sorry, don't have one. Generally speaking, I don't pay too much attention to clothes. When I shop, I make sure I get something that looks good. And then I wear it. Simple as that. The most thought I put into getting dressed in the morning is to make sure I didn't just wear the same article a day or two ago. And also, that I adhere to a vague, fuzzy notion of matching color scheme. Whatever that means.

    15. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?

    Not really, no. I don't quite get the obsession over it. I pretty much only eat Cheerios, when I do eat cereal.

    16. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?

    I'd pocket it. I have good morals, but money on the street is free money as far as I'm concerned. I don't see the point in turning it in, because my cynical nature (see question 5 above) is such as to believe someone else will just pocket it anyway. And that person might as well be me.

    17. What items could you not go without during the day?

    My treadmill. Sounds sad, I know. But I get really antsy if I miss a workout. It's funny, but I can miss my free weights and rowing machine for a day or two, but never a run.

    18. What should you be doing right now?

    Sleeping. It's Lisa's birthday tomorrow (which is today by the time you read this) and I got a lot of errands to run.Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-been-tagged.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive