Powered by Blogger.

How My Dreams Help Me Write (Sometimes)

    A little under two years ago I had all four wisdom teeth pulled out at once. Rather than be put under, I opted for the local novocaine route and stayed awake throughout the procedure, mostly because I didn't want to trouble anyone to accompany me to the surgeon's office. Anyway, they gave me Vicodin for the pain, but I ended up only using three before calling it quits. I had too many weird dreams while on that stuff. In one such dream, colors were talking to me. I carried on a conversation with my pals blue, red, and orange. Green showed up halfway through just to say hi, but had to split.

    Point is, don't do drugs kids, mmmkay?

    Anyway, when I woke up I thought I had the perfect premise for a story. I ended up writing "Ascending the Sending Road," a 10k story about a planet where the native lifeforms were sentient plant life who communicated by means of color broadcasting. It was an interesting piece, to say the least.

    Saturday morning I woke up laughing from another weird dream, but this one centered on a famous sci-fi movie franchise I won't mention. The dream was so strong that I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to my PC to start typing. I just finished the tale this afternoon. It's called "Galaxy Far," and came in at just under 6k. I'll probably edit it down to around the 5k mark in a week or two. But I had a lot of fun writing it.

    So, yeah, sometimes my dreams help me to write. Although I doubt I'll ever resort to drugs to get my muse, as tempting as that may be. Vicodin was too scary for me to handle. :-)Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-my-dreams-help-me-write-sometimes.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive