Powered by Blogger.

New HBO Series Premiering This Weekend!



    I'm a huge fan of HBO's original programming. Some of the most acclaimed shows in recent memory have come out of the network -- The Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, Deadwood, Rome. It comes to a point where I don't think they can do me wrong. A few years from now we'll get the insanely successful fantasy book series, A Song of Ice and Fire, translated to the network, which I'm having wet dreams over just in anticipation. But in the meantime we'll get yet another series from the talented Alan Ball this Sunday (9/7 -- same day as my b-day!), called True Blood.

    True Blood is about vampires getting "outed" in present day America, and seeking to have the same basic, civil rights as normal Americans. The allegory to the gay marriage issue is obvious here, but I also think Ball's intention is to take it back to the civil rights issues of the 50s and 60s as well. In any case, it's an intriguing concept that will be well worth an initial viewing at the least. I've often gone into HBO premieres fearing that this will be the one time they fail me, but so far it hasn't happened. And so I'm looking forward to more of the same quality with this new series.

    Plus, as the writer and producer of both the film, American Beauty, and the exceptional series, Six Feet Under, Alan Ball has yet to fail his fans.

    Is anyone else with HBO looking forward to this, too? Check out the trailer above and see what you think.Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2008/09/new-hbo-series-premiering-this-weekend.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive