Powered by Blogger.

The Forever War


    I completely forgot about this until John Scalzi mentioned it over at his site, but the re-issue of Joe Haldeman's Hugo- and Nebula-award winning military sci-fi opus, The Forever War, is now out in bookstores. Believe it or not, I've never actually read this book, despite my own writing being heavily influenced by it through third-hand parties, such as the wonderful Old Man's War series of books by John Scalzi himself. In fact, Scalzi provides the forward in this new trade paperback edition of The Forever War released by St. Martin's Press. You can read more about the book here.

    I had this on my Amazon wishlist all this time, but now I'm moving it to my checkout cart, along with a few other books from the list. I swear, I keep telling myself I'm going to read more non-fiction one of these days, but with so much awesome sci-fi books to catch up on--both old (Forever War) and new (Ian McDonald's Cyberabad Days)--I don't know when I'll ever have the time!

    It's a good time to be a sci-fi fan, despite news to the contrary that fantasy YA is where all the money's at these days. :)
    Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/02/forever-war.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive