Powered by Blogger.

Kinda Surreal, This Being Paid To Write Thing

    I was pretty busy yesterday, so I didn't have the time to check for the launch of my sci-fi story, "Enemy of my Enemy" over at Afterburn SF. Not until this morning, at least. However, what I *did* notice was the quiet addition of funds to my PayPal account online for the sale of said story. It was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Not like I didn't know I would be receiving payment (I'd signed the contract almost a year ago, after all) -- but because I hadn't expected it to come RIGHT THAT MOMENT. Part of this is because I was so busy that I had completely lost track of the month. How *did* February already come to an end so quick?

    Anyway, it was quite a rush to see payment in my inbox not just from one story--the previously purchased "Khan Tengri" by Silverthought--but now from Afterburn SF, too! The money is not a lot, of course, but for me it is the best payment I've ever received! This is like Scrooge McDuck's lucky dime -- from this I shall build an EMPIRE! Mwah-haha-hah!!!! :)

    Okay, seriously though, it's a cool feeling. Now I have to remember to transfer it all to my bank account. For now I keep going back to the PayPal site and just staring at the notification. Like I said, it's not about the money itself (though that's certainly nice, and I'll take more, please), but just the symbolism behind it. While I in no way have the hubris to proclaim I've finally made it onto the publishing scene (I still have a ton more work to do before I can say that, if ever), I do feel that this is an important baby step in the right direction.

    Now hopefully this baby can learn to run!Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/02/kinda-surreal-this-being-paid-to-write.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive