Powered by Blogger.

Taken By "Taken"

    We ventured out into the city yesterday due to being cooped up indoors the entire day of Valentine's (for various reasons, of which I shall not go into detail here). The weather was a lot warmer than it has any right being in the middle of February, though it was still only in the 40s.

    Downtown was a lot less crowded on Sunday than it is on Saturdays, even despite the fact that the next day was a major holiday for most folks. We saw the sci-fi flick, Push, (garbage btw), and then the Liam Neeson starring movie, Taken, about a retired government operative who's daughter is kidnapped into a human-trafficking ring while in Paris. Neeson's character goes Charles Bronson and tracks down the perpetrators in this ring while barely keeping a step or two ahead of the Parisian police. It was a really small, but ultimately satisfying film. We really, really liked it.

    It was weird watching, though, because we'd only just booked our flight and hotel to Paris for next month. Even in my brief stint researching the trip so far, I found myself recognizing certain streets and addresses in the movie as being near where we'll be staying! So that was a lot of fun. Watching the movie only made us even more excited about going, this being our first time in Europe and all. I only hope we get there before the giant hordes of tourists descend on the city in time for the warm weather. We'll be going the day before Spring starts, so hopefully Paris will be relatively off-season still. If it's still cold by March 20, it should be fine. But I get a feeling the weather's going to warm up a bit by the time we get there.

    I shouldn't complain, though. I plan to do as much walking as humanly possible, so it would be nice if we're not being blasted by arctic Scandinavian winds while walking down Champs Elysees from the Arc de Triomphe to the Louvre.

    Has anyone been to gay Paris? We're spending 6 days there, and don't speak a word of French. I'm learning a few phrases, though. Right now the only thing I can muster up is: Excuze moi, je ne parlay pas tres bien Francais. Which (I think) means: "I'm sorry, but I don't speak French very well." Which is funny since, technically, I don't speak French at all!

    But I'm sure we'll have fun. :)Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/02/taken-by.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive