Powered by Blogger.

A Kick In The Pants

    Whoa! I just finished reading this awesome interview of Frederik Pohl in the Jan. 2009 issue of Locus Magazine. This man's been in the game for over 70 years now -- and has had his hand in virtually every aspect of the SF industry, from writer to agent to editor to collaborator, and so on. I've read only a couple of his books, and a handful of short stories, but I've always admired his style and wit. My short story "Born Yesterday" was inspired in part by his 1994 novel, The Voices of Heaven.

    This interview completely rocked my world because it's chocked full of anecdotal nuggets concerning the behind-the-scenes workings of the sci-fi publishing industry. The Grand Masters of sci-fi usually give the best interviews to Locus, but this one was truly exceptional. You can read some of the excerpts by clicking here, but will have to buy the full issue in bookstores or online if you want to read more. Or you can borrow my copy (hint, hint to to all my local friends).

    As I was reading the interview, I found myself getting more and more excited about the whole prospect of writing in this industry. In fact, Mr. Pohl's words have lit a fire under me to get my latest story started when I get home from work tonight. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a story that just popped into my head this week and which has been overriding the other stories on my plate already waiting for their turn to be written. I think I will write it after all, and see what comes. If I'm correct about how the concept is going, it should be a quick write and hopefully I'll be finished by Sunday. If I can pull that off, I'll start the story that this one is usurping next Friday.

    That's the plan, anyway. I hope I can pull off at least two more stories before now and the trip to Paris. I don't want to have the spectre of a story screaming to be written hanging over me while I'm cruising down the river Seine enjoying champagne and fois gras.

    Okay, that sounded a bit more crass than I intended . . . but you get my drift.

    Happy Friday everybody!Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/02/kick-in-pants.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive