Powered by Blogger.

Wow, I'm All A-Glow!

    Well, as promised, here's the link to my very first purchased short story which is now up at Silverthought Online:

    "Khan Tengri"

    Scroll halfway down the page to the new short fiction section. My story should be the second from the top. I didn't directly link to it because I want people to see and check out the other excellent stories included with mine in this February update of Silverthought. Give them a read, too!

    But of course, read mine first! :) You'll see that there is a "discussion" link underneath my title on the main page. Click on that and leave a comment at Silverthought's message board on what you thought of the story. It requires registration, but it's free. Or, you can comment here in this blog entry. Please leave feedback either way. Us writers are starved for attention, and we need reassurances to coddle our precious little egos along, y'know.

    Before you read, however, know that this is sci-fi. If that is not your cup of tea, just bare with it for as long as you can. Or you can turn back now. Be forewarned! :)

    A little bit of background on the story:

    I wrote "Khan Tengri" 2 years ago, a little after the time I had decided to try this writing thing out for good. I had only been writing for a few months, and this was either my 8th or 9th completed short story at the time. Reading the tale now, I can clearly see that I've improved a bit since writing it. But at the same time it makes me nostalgic for the mind frame I was in back then. I had already felt the sting of negative criticism with some of my earlier works, and so no longer lived in this fantasy la-la land that all my writing gleamed and sparkled. I knew I sucked, and that only time and a lot of work would make me suck less. So with that in mind, I set out to write the type of sci-fi that I liked reading. Because, when all is said and done, why shouldn't I?

    Fast forward 2 years, and one major revision later (and a ton of minor polishes based on critiques from friends and workshoppers), and you have the product that sits before you. It's my second story to get purchased, but the first to publish (my first sale is appearing later this month).

    It has its problems and setbacks, and is a bit rough around the edges, but I love it!

    I hope you enjoy.Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/02/wow-i-all-glow.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive