Powered by Blogger.

Um, So Who Watches The Watchmen?

    *All of geekdom raises its hand!!!*


    Well, seems like the reviews for the Watchmen movie coming out next week are off to a good start. I mean, dayum! Check out this early one from IGN.com's AU affiliate. The folks at IGN down under are usually very hard to please, so to get such a glowing review from them is a big deal. Especially since there was just a tad bit of snarkiness coming out of their corner regarding Zack Snyder's effrontery to even consider making a movie out of Alan Moore's masterpiece. A big chunk of snark came from Moore himself, to be fair, which only added to every critic's arsenal in the years leading up to this release. Guess they must be feeling a little less chummy now.

    Anyway, you can read the review here. I expect IGN's main site to have their own review up shortly.

    On a related note, Rotten Tomatoes is already tabulating reviews from around the world. So far the film's doing pretty impressive with an 80% freshness rating on the tomatometer. Of course, for those who know RT's history, expect this number to fluctuate wildly in the next few days. Although I suspect it will still be pretty high come Friday of next week.

    So, what this really means is that my excitement level for this flick--palpable before--is now officially THROUGH THE ROOF!

    And don't worry about me. I don't over hype myself up for movies. Even though I am excited, I know all too well the danger of hyping yourself silly over a movie that has no chance of ever matching your expectations (see: The Phantom Menace). I will go into the theater expecting a simple movie with simple aspirations (blatant lie).

    A simple movie that just so happens to KICK the ASS of most every other superhero movie that has come out in the last 8 years! Or, at least, that's what I'm hearing. :)

    Anyway, as if you're not getting enough promotion from me to see this movie, here is the trailer for those of you who haven't the foggiest clue what the heck I'm talking about. Keep in mind that this is based on a comic book series that came out in the mid-80s. So if you're not into that sort of thing, just pass this one by. Until I see the film for myself, I can't comment on the accessibility of it to non-fans.

    And to one of my blog readers: nope, still no vampires or werewolves in this. Sorry, Kim! :)

    Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/02/um-so-who-watches-watchmen.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive