Powered by Blogger.

Why I Love Jury Duty!

    A co-worker of mine was complaining about being stuck in jury duty today. And when I mentioned how much I *WISH* I had jury duty, she thought I was bonkers.

    But it's true! There's nothing better to me than spending a whole working day (or two) at my local courthouse. And, no, that is not sarcasm.

    And it's not because of my selfless devotion to civic duty, tho that's all nice and dandy too.

    No, here's the real reason(s):


    1) I live literally 2 blocks away from the Bronx County Superior Court. There's the picture of it right outside my bedroom window.

    2) I get paid by my job for a normal workday when I take jury duty.

    3) It usually takes me 5 minutes from the time I leave my apartment to the time I'm strolling through the metal detectors of the courthouse. It takes me 1 hour and change to do the same going to work.

    Given # 3, which commute would you prefer?

    Seriously, what's there not to love? I get up at 6:30 to leave my house at 7:30 and get to work by 8:30.

    With jury duty, I wake up at 8:30, shower, eat, whistle and walk down the street and VOILA! -- I'm there by 9:30. I get to sit down in the great big hall with roughly 600 to 700 other poor souls (the Bronx is a hugely dense county, btw), read my book, write, take a light nap, etc. Then we break for a 2 - 3 hour lunch, during which I walk straight home and take a longer nap for 90 minutes, walk back, and resume reading my book for another 2 hours or so before they let us go home early at around 3:30.

    They ALWAYS let us go home early.

    Then I come in the next day and rinse n repeat! I've been to JD twice now, and not once have I've been called to a trial. Usually they make us come for 3 days before finally dismissing us. So that's 3 days during which I get paid my usual wages, get to slouch around reading and writing all day instead of doing boring work, and I get home super early.

    And you think I should complain about this? Please, sign me up for more! As it stands, I hate the fact that I have to wait 5 years in-between stints. I would gladly do this every 6 months if they'd let me. No joke.

    Heck, I wish they'd let me trade with other people in fact. Just call me weird, I guess.Source URL: http://bollywoodsexygirls2012.blogspot.com/2009/02/why-i-love-jury-duty.html
    Visit hot south girls pictures for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive